LTS Secure Warning: Catastrophic Trojan Taking Full Control Over Victims Device
Mac.BackDoor.Siggen.20, is a recently discovered malware which belongs to the trojan family, which is designed by hackers to infects devices & take full control over them by changing the security & privacy settings. Once installed successfully, the malware will begin conducting malicious activities and try to hide its presence under deep files. It further disables the antivirus program from being updated to avoid being detected. The trojan, further makes use of removable devices, networks, etc. to spread from one device to another.
The trojan gets injected on the device depending upon the OS it runs on.
- On devices running Mac OS, Mac.BackDoor.Siggen.20 is injected.
- On devices running Windows OS, BackDoor.Wirenet.517 is injected.
Once injected, it establishes connection to a remote server to download and execute malicious python script, to further increase its impact on victim device.
- It affects your System Performance as well as its functionality.
- Disables security programs like anti-virus & firewall.
- Causes further damage by installing malicious files such as spyware or create backdoors to allow remote access to victim devices.
- Transmits your personal/financial information to hackers.
- Restricts access to Task Manager, Control Panel, Registry editor, Etc.
- Always update your anti-virus software with the latest releases.
- Never download any suspicious attachments or click on any shady-looking link. Take an effort to educate your users on how to identify a mail-spam.
- Try to avoid downloading and using any Freeware application.