LTS Secure Warning: Taking A Look At The Various Functionalities Of The Dofoil Malware
We have seen many iteration of the Dofoil a.k.a. Smoke Loader surfaced online, creating nuisance for the victim. The malware has made a huge presence in like Russia, Turkey, and Ukraine. The most intriguing variant of the malware was created to mine the cryptocurrency Electroneum, by utilizing victim resources.
There are countless number of ways by which the malware infected its victim, like a file dropped by other malware or when visiting/redirecting to a malicious websites, a file is been downloaded to the victim device unknowingly. Dofoil is not only programmed to mine crypto currencies utilizing victim resources, but is also capable of make changes in the registry entries, download and install other malicious files on the victim without having any knowledge to the vicitm, share personal and confidential information to the remote attacker.
- It affects your System Performance as well as functionality.
- Utilizes system resources to mine cryptocurrency.
- Modifies & Creates registries.
- It makes connection to malicious domains to further impact the device.
- Always update your anti-virus software with the latest releases.
- Try to avoid visiting untrusted websites and clicking on unknown sources links.
- Run a periodically Full system scan.