Raise your CLOUD Security above the bar with Security Operations, analytics and reporting SOAR Stack
Cloud computing is the buzz word in all the technology driven businesses. Internet has made the world smaller and taken it to new heights, literally to the cloud. Today businesses are moving to the Cloud for different services such as servers, applications, storage, databases, networking and more over the internet. Top uses of cloud computing include creating new applications, data backup and recovery, video and audio streaming, and data analysis.
The Cloud provides many types of service Cloud computing is the buzz word in all the technology driven businesses. Internet has made the world smaller and taken it to new heights, literally to the cloud. Today businesses are moving to the Cloud for different services such as servers, applications, storage, databases, networking and more over the internet. Top uses of cloud computing include creating new applications, data backup and recovery, video and audio streaming, and data analysis.
The Cloud provides many types of services on as-need basis like Software as a Service, Platform as a Service, Infrastructure as a Service, On Demand Public & Private Instances.
With all these features Cloud is a very dynamic, scalable and inexpensive technology with high adoption rates. Although it has some drawbacks and issues which need to be addressed:
1. Protection of intellectual property – The data of an organization is stored on Cloud, somewhere on the network. The company loses its physical access to this data and the server hosting this data. This is the most potential threat when dealing with Cloud computing.
2. Authorization and identity access issues – There are several users accessing the data stored on Cloud. Cloud computing models have limited means to control the authority of a user accessing the servers and data. This is a major risk when it comes to using Cloud from a service provider. Data from different organizations is stored on the same cloud server. Therefore users not belonging to a firm can obtain its private and sensitive data.
3. Insider attacks – Insider attacks are sixth biggest threats in cloud computing. Data hosting done on cloud servers involves risk as company loses the physical access to it. Insider attacks are difficult to trace as people with legitimate authority perform these attacks, sometimes even unintentionally. These users have full access to the data and are familiar with the all environment details.
4. Hardware and Software vulnerabilities – Due to use of multiple virtual machines, there are several vulnerabilities in cloud computing. Denial of Service attack, data leakage, VM hopping, ransom ware attacks and memory corruption being the common ones.
5. Shadow IT :Businesses are evolving quickly and, via shadow IT, internal business units and operating groups are often bypassing IT and IT security controls altogether in order to get things done. While this might speed things up, it can open the door for security vulnerabilities that are expensive to fix. Keeping stock of, and tamping down on, shadow IT endeavors is vital, especially when it comes to the cloud
6. Service Provider Visibility & Translating Enterprise Requirements into the Cloud: Nurturing a safe, compliant environment is an ongoing concern, particularly as businesses continue to expand their global networks. Lack of control of the location for data, Privileged user abuse at the cloud provider, Vulnerabilities from shared infrastructure is still top challenges for business.
Challenge here is to manage all the entities and their access. It has become more complex for IT team to deal with multi security solutions, which are working in silos. Managing these all solutions are resource inefficient and time consuming. Businesses need continuous monitoring with centralized, correlated Security solution to meet these challenges.
Real time actions are needed which have to be delivered by the individual organizations. Cloud Security Solution like LTS Secure Security Suite can give edge to deal with these challenges.
LTS Secure Security Suite is based on Security Operations, Analytics and Reporting (SOAR) model and provides integrated security Solutions for Cloud. It integrates
1. Security Incident and Event management (SIEM) –SIEM has capabilities to monitor logs from various devices and servre instances hosted on cloud. Solution offers:
a. Continuous Monitoring of data
b. Monitoring security threats and vulnerabilities
c. Context driven data analysis
d. Vulnerability and Risk assessment
2. Identity and Access Management (IDM) – This security solution enables companies to get visibility and hence control information about users on computers. The Identity Management service ensures foolproof security, offering the Cloud Based Identity Management (IDaaS). This solution offers:
a. Password management and Synchronization
b. Role-based provisioning
c. Provisioning to SaaS applications
d. Flexible deployment with all types of Cloud models
3. Privilege Identity Management (PIM) – This security solution focuses on highly important accounts of a company such as IT infrastructure teams, select business users and users having access to applications that are crucial to business operations. This solution offers:
a. Real-time behavioral analytics
b. Segregation of duties
c. Strong authentication support
d. Disaster recovery modules
4. Cloud Access Security Broker (CASB) — CASB does the User Behavior Analytics based on user activity raising anomalous alerts resulting in protection of data and applications in real-time. This solution offers:
a. Cloud Applications Access Governance
b. User Activity Monitoring
c. Protection against data leak threats
d. Detecting and preventing fraud and data leaks
Security Soar Stack like LTS Secure Security Suite not only improves cloud security , also meets security & Compliance requirements so that Enterprises can focus on their core business and leverage the value Cloud brings.
ABOUT LTS SECURE:
LTS Secure is an Integrated Security Platform (SIEM + UEBA + CASB + IDM) that enables continuous monitoring & detection of Threats, Vulnerabilities and Risk of IT Network, Applications and by Users in a single pane based on Security Orchestration, Automation and Response.